The ‘duplicate purchase’ notification means there are two or more products being used at the same time. Below are reasons why the ‘duplicate purchase’ notification may appear:
1. If you have a subscription product on your account, but you or your partner additionally purchased a ‘Lifetime Plan’ or another subscription product.
- Purchased another subscription product before the existing one expired
- Purchased a new subscription product but didn’t cancel the existing one so the subscription automatically renewed
- Purchased a new subscription product but pressed the ‘Restore Purchase’ button which restored a previous purchase
- You and your partner simultaneously purchased a subscription product
2. If the duplicate purchase was due to a system error.
We won’t be able to tell if the duplicate payment occurred or not until we see the processed payment details.
The first case is caused frequently due to user error.
We can check the status of the duplicate payment for you, however, please note that depending on the situation we may not be able to process a refund.
If you need us to check the payment status, please provide the following information and send it to our Help Center (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Between account of person who made the purchase
- An attachment of the Between Plus purchase receipt
1. Please contact us with the email address that matches your Between account to verify your identity.
2. Canceling a subscription plan will still prompt a ‘duplicate purchase’ notification if the subscription period has yet to expire.
3. Unless it was a system error, duplicate payments due to user error can’t be refunded (regardless of whether the service was used or not).