If you are not receiving Between push notifications, one of the following may be the cause:
1. Battery Optimizing Apps/ Battery Saving Apps/ Cleaner Apps/ CPU Cooler/ CPU Optimizing Apps (e.g., clean master, 360 Security, DU Battery Saver, Battery Doctor, Power Battery, etc)
- The abovementioned apps may force close Between automatically. If the Between app is force closed, you won't be able to receive push notifications until you open the app.
- Some of these apps may make users choose to force close the Between app. Please never click the force close button.
- If possible, please delete these apps from your device to receive push notifications successfully.
- If you need to use these apps, please exclude Between in their app settings.
2. Data Saver Mode (on Android 7.0 Nougat and above)
- Push notifications may be delayed during Data Saver Mode.
- When using Data Saver Mode, the icons below will show on the system bar across the top of the screen.
- Please turn off Data Saver Mode from Device Settings > Wireless & Networks > Data Usage. Or Include the Between app in the Unrestricted Data Access list. (Please note that the exact setting location may differ by device)
3. Samsung Smart Manager App
The Smart Manager app switches apps that aren’t running for more than 3 days to battery saving mode so you may not be receive push notifications.
Please don’t include Between in the Smart Manager app settings!
4. Huawei Device
When you close the Between app, you will stop receiving push notifications.
Device Settings > Battery > Close App After Screen Lock > Between > Disable through 'Do Not Close' (steps may vary depending on the OS version)
5. PC Version
If you are logged into Between’s PC version, your mobile device will only receive silent push notifications so you may be unaware of new alerts.
We are working to improve our push notifications options so you won’t miss another push notification from your partner - even when you’re using the PC version!
6. Notifications Settings
- Please check your device system’s notifications settings as well!
- Device Settings > Applications > Between > Notifications > Allow Notifications