If you are not receiving push notifications, you may have the following problems:
1. You are using battery optimization/power saving/ cleaner/ CPU cooler apps (e.g. Clean Master, 360 Security, DU Battery Saver, Battery Doctor, Power Battery, etc.)
- Optimization apps tend to force quit Between. An app that has been forcefully terminated can’t display notifications until the user opens the app again.
- Please delete or discontinue using the optimization app (Optimization apps don’t have anything to do with mobile banking/cards).
- Most users who couldn’t receive push notifications were able to receive notifications normally after deleting these types of apps.
- If you absolutely need to use these apps, be sure to exempt Between from the app’s settings.
2. Certain manufacturers’ devices force the app to quit.
: On certain manufacturers’ Android devices, when you close Between, it forcibly shuts down the app and prevents you from receiving notifications. To learn how to set up your notifications settings for each device, please see the information provided below
- You can’t receive notifications normally if the option to force quit an app when you close it is turned on.
- Device Settings > Battery > Close App When Screen is Locked > Between > Disable (Steps may vary depending on the OS version)
- Please enable “Auto Start” to prevent app from getting forcibly shut down.
- ASUS Mobile Manager > Auto-start Manager > Between > Allow
- Description available on ASUS homepage
- Allow Background Application to not force quit the app.
- Video description
- One Plus
- Device Settings > Apps > Settings (Settings icon) > App Auto-launch > Allow Between
3. When using the PC version
- If you are logged into the Between PC version, push notifications to your mobile phone are sent silently so you may not realize when you receive it.
- We will try to improve and offer a variety of options so that you won’t miss your partner’s notifications even while you’re on the PC version.
4. Device notifications settings
- Please check the settings of your device system notifications.
- Device Settings > Applications > Between > Notifications > Allow Notifications